Skip to content

What Types of Federal Assistance Can I Access Through SAM?


By registering in the System for Award Management (SAM), you can access various types of federal assistance, including:

  1. Federal Contracts:
    • As a registered entity in SAM, you can bid on and be awarded contracts from federal agencies.
  2. Federal Grants:
    • SAM registration allows you to apply for and receive federal grants. This is relevant for non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and other entities eligible for grant funding.
  3. Other Federal Financial Assistance:
    • SAM registration is also required to receive other forms of federal financial assistance, such as loans and cooperative agreements.
  4. Disaster Assistance:
    • In the event of a disaster, registered entities in SAM can be eligible for federal disaster assistance programs.
  5. Small Business Programs:
    • Small businesses can benefit from various federal programs designed to support them, including the 8(a) Business Development Program, HUBZone Program, and more.
  6. Subcontracting Opportunities:
    • Although SAM itself does not provide a direct platform for finding subcontracting opportunities, being registered in SAM allows you to be visible to prime contractors looking for subcontractors, as they can search the database for potential partners.

It is important to note that while SAM registration is a requirement for accessing these types of federal assistance, there may be additional eligibility requirements and application processes for each specific program or opportunity.


Need Help?

Contact the FPR Help Desk through the following methods:

  • Phone: 1-866-717-5267 (toll-free)
  • Email:¬†

Ready to Renew Your SAM?

Take the First Step by Clicking Below:

Skip to content