Yes, SAM (System for Award Management) is designed to be accessible for users with disabilities. SAM aims to comply with accessibility standards and guidelines to ensure that individuals with disabilities can access and use the system effectively. Here are some key points regarding SAM’s accessibility:
- Section 508 Compliance: SAM strives to meet the requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, which mandates that federal agencies and their contractors make their electronic and information technology accessible to people with disabilities.
- Accessibility Features: SAM incorporates various accessibility features and design principles to enhance usability for individuals with disabilities. These features may include keyboard navigation, screen reader compatibility, and alternative text for images.
- Testing and Validation: SAM’s accessibility features are typically tested and validated to ensure that they meet recognized accessibility standards, such as the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Assistive Technologies Compatibility: SAM is designed to be compatible with commonly used assistive technologies, including screen readers, voice recognition software, and screen magnifiers.
- Training and Support: SAM may provide training materials or support resources to help users with disabilities navigate the system effectively. This may include user guides or documentation on accessibility features.
- Feedback and Improvement: SAM may encourage users to provide feedback on accessibility issues or challenges they encounter. This feedback can be valuable for ongoing system improvements.
It’s important to note that accessibility can be an ongoing effort, and SAM may continue to enhance its features and design to better accommodate users with disabilities. If you have specific accessibility needs or encounter challenges while using SAM, consider reaching out to SAM’s helpdesk or customer support for assistance. They can provide guidance and support to ensure that you can access and use the system in a way that meets your needs.
Contact the FPR Help Desk through the following methods:
- Phone: 1-866-717-5267 (toll-free)
- Email: email@example.com
Ready to Renew Your SAM?
Take the First Step by Clicking Below: