Encountering technical issues while using SAM (System for Award Management) can be frustrating, but there are steps you can take to address and resolve these problems efficiently. Here’s a step-by-step guide on what to do if you encounter technical issues with SAM:
- Check Your Internet Connection:
- Ensure that you have a stable and active internet connection. Technical issues can sometimes be caused by a weak or interrupted connection.
- Refresh the Page:
- If a specific page or feature in SAM is not working correctly, try refreshing the page by pressing the F5 key (Windows) or Command + R (Mac) on your keyboard. This can often resolve minor display or loading issues.
- Clear Browser Cache and Cookies:
- Over time, cached data and cookies in your web browser can lead to issues with websites. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies to ensure a clean browsing experience. Instructions for doing this can typically be found in your browser’s settings or preferences.
- Use a Supported Browser:
- Ensure that you are using a supported web browser for SAM. Popular browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari are usually compatible. Check the SAM website for any specific browser recommendations or known issues.
- Try a Different Browser:
- If you continue to experience issues, try accessing SAM using a different web browser. Some issues may be browser-specific, and switching to an alternative browser can help.
- Disable Browser Extensions:
- Browser extensions or add-ons can sometimes conflict with website functionality. Temporarily disable any browser extensions and then try accessing SAM again.
- Check for SAM Outages or Announcements:
- SAM may occasionally experience service outages or maintenance periods. Check the official SAM website or social media channels for announcements regarding system status or known issues.
- Contact SAM Helpdesk or Customer Support:
- If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact SAM’s helpdesk or customer support for assistance. They can provide guidance, troubleshoot technical problems, and help with account-related issues.
- Document the Issue:
- Take note of any error messages, error codes, or specific details about the technical issue you encountered. This information can be helpful when seeking assistance.
- Provide Feedback:
- If you believe the issue you encountered is a bug or an error within SAM, consider providing feedback to SAM’s support team. They can use this information to improve the system and address issues for other users.
- Be Patient:
- Technical issues can take time to resolve. Be patient and allow the support team to investigate and provide a solution.
Remember that SAM’s support team is there to assist you with technical problems and ensure that you can use the system effectively. Promptly reporting and seeking help for technical issues can help minimize disruptions to your business operations and interactions with federal agencies.
Contact the FPR Help Desk through the following methods:
- Phone: 1-866-717-5267 (toll-free)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Renew Your SAM?
Take the First Step by Clicking Below: