Applying for a federal grant through SAM (System for Award Management) involves several steps, including registration, finding relevant grant opportunities, and submitting your grant application. Here’s a general overview of the process:
- Register in SAM:
- Search for Grant Opportunities:
- Log in to your SAM account and navigate to the “Contract Opportunities” section. Here, you can find listings for both federal contracts and grants.
- Use search filters to narrow down the list of grant opportunities based on your organization’s interests, eligibility, and expertise. Filters may include grant type, agency, keyword, location, and more.
- Review Grant Listings:
- Browse the grant listings to find opportunities that align with your organization’s mission and capabilities.
- Click on specific grant listings to access more detailed information, including the grant’s purpose, eligibility criteria, application instructions, and important deadlines.
- Download Application Package:
- If you find a grant opportunity you wish to apply for, download the grant application package, which typically includes all the required forms, instructions, and guidelines for the specific grant program.
- Prepare Your Application:
- Review the application package thoroughly to understand the application requirements, submission deadlines, and evaluation criteria.
- Begin preparing your grant application, which may involve completing forms, providing project narratives, budgets, and supporting documents.
- Follow the instructions in the application package carefully, as failure to comply with the requirements could result in your application being rejected.
- Submit Your Application:
- Once your grant application is complete and you’ve double-checked all requirements, submit it through the designated submission method outlined in the application package. Some grants may require electronic submissions through specific portals, while others may accept mailed or couriered submissions.
- Track Application Status:
- After submitting your grant application, you can track its status within SAM. SAM will typically provide updates on the status of your application, such as whether it has been received and whether any additional information is required.
- Notifications and Awards:
- Be prepared to receive notifications from the awarding agency regarding the status of your application. If your application is successful, you will receive an award notification detailing the terms and conditions of the grant.
- Comply with Grant Requirements:
- If you receive a federal grant, ensure that you comply with all grant requirements, including reporting, financial management, and programmatic milestones.
- Maintain SAM Registration:
- Keep your SAM registration up to date throughout the grant application and award process. Changes in your organization’s status or information may affect your eligibility.
Remember that each federal grant program may have specific application procedures and requirements, so it’s essential to carefully review the application package provided for each grant opportunity you pursue. Additionally, start your application well in advance of the submission deadline to allow ample time for preparation and review.
Contact the FPR Help Desk through the following methods:
- Phone: 1-866-717-5267 (toll-free)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Renew Your SAM?
Take the First Step by Clicking Below: