The System for Award Management (SAM) did not have a standardized grace period for reactivating an inactive registration. The reactivation process for an inactive SAM registration typically depended on the specific circumstances that led to the inactivity and the actions required to rectify the situation.
Here are some key points to consider:
- Renewal Deadlines: SAM registrations required periodic renewal to remain active. The renewal period was typically one year, and businesses were responsible for renewing their registrations before the expiration date.
- Failure to Renew: If a SAM registration expired due to failure to renew within the specified timeframe, there might not have been a grace period. In such cases, businesses were required to complete the renewal process promptly to reactivate their registrations.
- Inactive Status: SAM registrations could also become inactive for other reasons, such as missing required updates or unresolved issues. The reactivation process would depend on the specific actions required to address the underlying cause of inactivity.
- Reactivation Steps: The steps for reactivating an inactive SAM registration typically involved reviewing and updating registration information, paying any outstanding fees, resolving issues, and, in some cases, providing documentation to verify eligibility.
- No Standardized Grace Period: SAM’s policies and procedures could evolve over time, so it’s important to refer to the most current guidance and instructions provided on the official SAM website or by the General Services Administration (GSA) for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
To address issues related to an inactive SAM registration, it’s advisable to contact the SAM help desk or support team for guidance and specific instructions tailored to your situation. Additionally, businesses should maintain awareness of registration renewal deadlines and ensure that all required updates are completed promptly to avoid disruptions in their eligibility for federal contracts and grants.
Please note that policies and procedures related to SAM registration may change, so it’s essential to consult the official SAM website or contact SAM support for the most current information and guidance regarding reactivation and renewal processes.
Contact the FPR Help Desk through the following methods:
- Phone: 1-866-717-5267 (toll-free)
- Email: email@example.com
Ready to Renew Your SAM?
Take the First Step by Clicking Below: