Yes, you can delegate someone to complete your SAM (System for Award Management) registration on your behalf. SAM allows entities to designate an authorized representative to handle the registration process and manage the entity’s SAM profile. This representative is often referred to as an “Entity Administrator.”
Here’s how you can delegate someone to complete your SAM registration:
- Designate an Entity Administrator:Choose an individual within your organization or a trusted third party who will serve as the Entity Administrator. This person will have the authority to create, manage, and update your entity’s SAM registration.
- Create a SAM User Account:The designated Entity Administrator needs to create a SAM user account if they don’t already have one. They can do this by visiting the SAM website and selecting the option to create a new user account.
- Link to Your Entity:Once the Entity Administrator has a SAM user account, they can link their account to your entity’s existing SAM registration or initiate a new registration on your behalf. To do this, they will need certain details about your organization, such as the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and legal business name.
- Complete the Registration:The Entity Administrator will proceed to complete the SAM registration process, providing all necessary information and documentation as required. They should ensure that the information is accurate and up to date.
- Review and Certify:Before submission, the Entity Administrator should review the registration details and certify that the information provided is true, accurate, and complete.
- Submission and Management:Once the registration is complete and certified, the Entity Administrator can submit it to SAM. They will also be responsible for managing the SAM profile, including updates, renewals, and changes to the registration.
- Annual Renewal:It’s crucial for the Entity Administrator to renew the SAM registration annually to keep it active.
- Secure Access:Ensure that the Entity Administrator has secure access to the SAM account. It’s important to protect login credentials and grant access only to trusted individuals or entities.
Remember that the Entity Administrator will have significant control over your SAM registration and related activities. Choose someone who is knowledgeable about your organization’s details and has the authority to represent it accurately. Additionally, the Entity Administrator should be aware of the responsibilities associated with SAM registration, including compliance with federal regulations and the accuracy of the information provided.
Contact the FPR Help Desk through the following methods:
- Phone: 1-866-717-5267 (toll-free)
- Email: email@example.com
Ready to Renew Your SAM?
Take the First Step by Clicking Below: